List of Major dental services.
- Dental crowns (may be a Basic service) – (Details about insurance coverage for dental crowns.)
- Inlays and onlays
- Tooth implants
- Impacted wisdom teeth removal (may be Basic)
- Complex oral surgery procedures
- Anesthesia / sedation
- Removable partial dentures
- Complete dentures
- Denture relines and rebases
- Denture repair
- Orthodontic treatment
List of Basic dental services.
- Emergency care for pain relief
- Amalgam fillings
- Composite fillings (white fillings)
- Sedative fillings
- Routine tooth extractions – (Details about insurance coverage for pulling teeth.)
- Root canal treatment – (may be Major service) (Details about insurance coverage for root canals.)
- Periodontal scaling and root planing
- Periodontal surgery (may be Major service)
- Recementing dental crowns
- Stainless steel (prefabricated) crowns
- Non-routine x-rays
List of Preventive / Diagnostic dental services.
- Cleanings (prophylaxis)
- Bitewing x-rays
- Periapical x-rays
- Full-mouth, panorex x-rays
- Fluoride treatments (age limitations may apply)
- Space maintainers (may be Basic service, age limitations may apply)
- Tooth sealants (may be a Basic service, age limitations may apply)
Ideally, your plan will provide these services at least at these frequencies.
- Examinations – twice per year.
- Bite-wing x-rays – once per year.
- Teeth cleanings – twice per year.
- Full mouth x-ray series – once every three to five years.